Monday 15 September 2014

It's offical - signed up for my first marathon

I found out on Friday that registrations opened today for the Great Ocean Road Marathon 2015! http://www.greatoceanroadmarathon.com.au

I have run four half marathons over the last 2 years and during this time have debated a number of times with my running besties about signing up to complete a full marathon.

The timing has never been right and we have struggled to work out which marathon we wanted to do, or whether we really even wanted to do one at all.

A few factors have come into play, I turn 40 next week, so what better midlife crisis to have than run a marathon and I also ran a really good half marathon this year, I crossed the finish line feeling amazing and thought, hey, surely I could run another 21.1km?

So with all this in mind, it has come to this, with a lot of convincing, I have decided to sign up on the dotted line for the Great Ocean Road Marathon.  I'll be running with one of my Running Besties (RB). We may yet manage to convince another person or two to join us, but right now, it's just us and we have been assigned race number 24 & 25! Registrations are done!

I've decided I'd like to blog about my journey, I hope to keep this updated with training, race plans, nutrition plans etc along the way. No doubt there will be some highs and lows!

But for now, the eye is on the prize, 244 days from now, GOR Marathon, here we come!

1 comment:

  1. I am really proud of you Megsy, I have been watching you since the beginning, and it is so exciting to see you achieve so much in a short space of time. You are a true inspiration to women who want to get out there and just do it!!

    ReplyDelete