Saturday 9 May 2015

Week 19, the week that wasn't!

So, I finished off my last post saying how I planned on enjoying the week ahead, well, that plan did not exactly come to fruition!

Unless you consider blowing 10 tonnes of snot out of your nose fun, week 19 wasn't what I call fun!

Yes folks, I came down with cold number 2 of my training. This time though, I did not just breeze through and carry on, I have had to rest pretty much the whole week. I am so glad I am in my taper period. I did do a 4km run on Friday, just to test the lungs and the legs, it resulted in a fair bit of coughing but not too bad considering.

The good thing is, I am feeling loads better, but the bad thing is, I can't see it ever finishing. I thought Friday I'd finally stopped coughing and blowing my nose, but no, that is not the case. Today is Saturday and I am still blowing my nose, yes, a lot less than I was, but I am seriously over it!

Tomorrow I'd really like to go out and maybe run 6km, but I'm not sure it's a wise move. I just want to run, but I'm 1 week out from the marathon, so think it's smarter to rest, but who said MerryMegsy is smart?

Such a conundrum!

Hating this cold. Wishing it would go away!

Nothing much else to say. Week 19, worst week!

No comments:

Post a Comment