Tuesday 3 February 2015

Week 5, 1/4 of they way there!

What a fun week it has been! The highlight of course was my 18km run to work on Friday. I was very organised and took all my work gear in to work on Thursday, and of course had the fridge at work stocked with some snacks and drinks to have once I completed my run.

Thankfully it was a really good morning weather wise, on the cool side, with a hint of rain in the air. I set out at 6am and made my way along the hovels creek track from Lara, and around past the Grammar school, past Shell, through North Shore and into Geelong along the highway and then through Rippleside along the waterfront.  It was so pleasant and I'd actually have to say, one of my favourite runs of all time.  I ran with music which I have not done for a long time and I really loved having the tunes keeping me company and motivating me along the way.

I also used a new app called Road ID, this enables people to follow you on your run and also sends an alert to them if you are not moving for more than 5 minutes, I felt very safe knowing that Pete (my partner) was able to follow me along the way. Will definitely use this app for my longer runs.

I wore my spi belt to carry my phone, ID, some money (just in case), my lip balm, some tissues (just in case!) and a small recycled baby food bottle/pouch filled with water.  This was a great way to keep track of how much I drank along the way and ensured I always had some water with me. I just filled it up at water fountains and kept it full in my belt. Very handy and not too bulky.

My other runs this week have been a 10km run on Monday and 2 x 8km, one on Wednesday and one this morning.

Ooh, and I forgot to mention, the other highlight of my week was my massage! I was hanging out for it and certainly have noticed a big difference since I had it. I've booked in a again for 3 weeks time.

Well, that was week 5. I feel like it's been a bit of a monumentous week.  Next week my long run is 21km and I am going to run to work again with an extra 3km tacked on. Can't wait!

Until then folks, enjoy what you do and if you don't enjoy it, don't do it!




No comments:

Post a Comment