Sunday 18 January 2015

The third week!

Week three has ended on a pretty good note with a nice 8km Sunday morning run. It was another nice morning and I ran into my Mum and Dad who were out for a walk whilst I was running.

Friday was my long run day and I ran 16km with Barto. We started out at work and then headed over towards Geelong West and Newtown before heading down along the Barwon river and back up Pakington street. It was a great run, a couple of hills to keep us on our toes, but nice and flat along the river. We set a good pace, 5:43 per km, we both found this quite easy which is good, although obviously we were slow up the hills. I had a bit of hip flexor pain towards the end, nothing to make me stop, but enough to remind me to do my hip exercises.

My weekly distance has been 42km and next week is a step back week. It feels like a bit of a slow start, but I have 17 weeks to go and plenty of time to build up my distance.  I'm looking forward to the coming weeks, it's exciting and challenging, just the way I like it!


No comments:

Post a Comment