Sunday 11 January 2015

Week number 2

It's been a funny week weather wise this week and humidity has really been a bit of a killer! There has been a fair bit of rain, which is creating this crazy humidity!

I have run 40km for the week and am feeling good, my longest run was 14km and I have to say it was a bit of a struggle due to the heat.  I headed out at 5am to try and avoid too much warmth but it was still humid and hampered my effort, but having said that, I guess the long runs are meant to be slower, so it was good I actually ran slowly. It was a 5:55 pace run.

On Friday I had the pleasure of running with Barto - one of my running buddies who is also training for the marathon.  We did an 8km run together in Geelong and incorporated a few hills to mix it up a bit, after all we will need to ensure we do some hill work for the Great Ocean Road!! Our run was in the rain today which was actually quite pleasant.

Speaking of running buddies, for those who are following my blog (not sure anyone is), I am sad to say I have lost RB from the marathon!  Sadly she has hurt her knee, it was actually already injured before signing up but she was hoping she could overcome it to join me, but alas, it has proven difficult and despite working her ass off to build strength, Doctors orders are "Do not run this marathon!".  So, we are hoping she will be able to get back to running and do the 14km run that is part of the same running festival - I really hope so.  And, I know if anyone can do it RB can.  Her strength and determination is something I use to inspire me and I know I would not be able to do this run without her encouragement and support.

I am looking forward to week 3 where I will do a 16km long run.  Not sure whether I will run in Lara or Geelong - I will wait to see if Barto is going to join me.

Until next time - keep running folks and remember if you see a runner out there, give them a smile, you never know how far they've been or how far they have to go, your smile may be what helps them get to the end!!

No comments:

Post a Comment