Sunday 25 January 2015

Week 4, 1/5th of the training is done!

Week 4 was a designated recovery week, so my longest run this week was 12km, pace for this run was 5:44/km, so still a reasonable pace, need to slow it down a bit more I think next week for my longest run which will be 18km.

This week I ran once in Geelong and did an 8km run at a 5:19/km pace, it was a nice run and I felt pretty good especially given it was quite warm, I was sweating bucket loads. I ran with Timbo and RB2, (no, I have not convinced RB2 to run the marathon). We ran through the gardens so I got in a bit of a hill which is good, need to incorporate a few more hills over the next few weeks.

My other runs this week were a 10km on Monday and an 8km this morning where I went a little faster and hit a pace of 5:06, it was not too hard, definitely could not keep that up for 42km, but I'm thinking at this stage I can aim for a 5:30-5:40 pace for the marathon, but let's see what I'm thinking in a few weeks time!

I also trialled my running belt twice this week and found it to be really good for carrying my phone, will test it out with some food next week for my 18km run.

Have got a bit of tightness in my back and shoulders, I've got a massage booked for Wednesday night, can't wait, the relief will be amazing I'm sure!

Until next week, enjoy your Australia Day long weekend folks, stay fit and healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment