Sunday 15 March 2015

The bumpy week that was week 11

So, week 11 started out with me feeling very puffy in my calves following the 12km You Yangs hill session! Decided I must get some compression recovery socks to see if they help with this issue!

Tuesday morning I headed out for an 8km run with Barto, we did some hills in Newtown and I felt okay, although breathing was slightly heavy, by Tuesday afternoon I had a little bit of a tickly sore throat. By Tuesday night, I knew I was in for a cold! Bugger! I felt like I'd hit a wall and was  so tired!

Wednesday morning I was meant to run 10km, but clearly that was not happening, I called in sick at work and took a rest day. Made chicken soup, drunk heaps of honey and lemon, orange juice and dosed up on Fruit, by Wednesday night I was feeling a heap better and decided to head into work Thursday.

Well, that was probably a little silly as I spent all day blowing my nose, and probably spreading my ills to the whole office! Sorry folks! I really should learn!

Friday morning I felt tired again and decided to take another day off. I had a nice restful day.

Saturday was another restful day and I was seeing the light at the end of the tunnel, thankfully. I bought some compression socks too!

So, Sunday morning, long run day, feeling loads better, I decided to tackle my 29km run. I had a good nights sleep and felt rested, head a lot clearer!  And.....I made it! It was a great run, although did have a few too many loo stops (won't go into detail, but, I may have had to go behind a tree). I think I was carrying a lot of fluid due to my cold maybe? Not sure, but there was an issue!

My pace for the run was 6:13/km and overall time just on 3hrs. With stops, it was almost 3hr 30, which is not good! But, it's a training run after all. I tackled some hills too which was good, feeling heaps better about them now!

Once I finished my run, I popped my compression socks on! I've worn them all day and right now my legs feel great! Let's see how they feel tomorrow.

Well, that was week 11. Let's hope week 12 is kinder.

Only 9 weeks to go!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment