Sunday 8 March 2015

Week 10, half way there!

Oh, yeah, we're halfway there, woo hoo, living on a prayer! You know the song folks, sing it!

Yep, I'm half way through my training program, and I am starting to get nervous! The reality is beginning to hit, this time in 10 weeks (with everything going to plan) I will have completed a marathon! Holy schmoly!

This week has been my recovery week and despite that, it has not been the easiest week. Tuesday was tough coming off my rest day after last weeks 27km, my calves were very tight, I hit the hills in Newtown and have to say, I wasn't loving them, but it still managed a 5:35/km pace, so not bad.

Wednesday I ran with Timbo, once again I was super happy to have a buddy to run with, even if it was only for the first few km and then we separated, but just knowing you're not out there doing it on your own makes a difference. We ran to the silos, an old favourite of ours, although my motivation was lacking, but the last 2km I upped it a gear and managed to run a 5:30/km pace.

Friday was my run to work day. Well, I woke to the sound of wind, yippee, my favourite, NOT! Well, you never know what the conditions will be like on the day and I just had to do it, so off I went at 6:30 am. I upped the pace a little for this longer run of the week and ran a 5:50/km pace, slightly quicker than my recent longer runs, but given the distance I figured this was okay. I felt pretty good and ran a strong last km.

My legs have suffered this week with tight calves, feel like I'm carrying a load of fluid and I do have to say the scales are reflecting this!

Today I ran a 12km hilly run at the You Yangs national park, well, I do hope the Great Ocean Road hills are a little kinder, because those hills at the You Yangs are nasty! I really struggled, although, have to say, I loved the down hill and the views from the top were amazing. Not to mention the fun of seeing kangaroos! I did enjoy it, but can't say the gravel road was great, much rather run on bitumen than slippery gravel.

So, that was week 10. I'm thrilled to be halfway through my training program and am excited to see how the next 10 weeks pans out! But as I say, I am slightly nervous! I guess I've just got to have faith that I can do this! If I put in the hard work, it will pay off. Bring it on!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment