Sunday 22 March 2015

Week 12, starting to feel a little closer to the end!

This week has gone really fast, it seemed to flash by in the blink of an eye.

I had 3 shorter runs this week 2 x 8km and 1 x 12km, my longer run was 23km.

I did my shorter runs this week at a bit of a faster pace than I have been, all around the 5:30/km mark,  given my longer run was a shorter distance, I did not think this would hurt. It has proven to be okay, although admittedly I've felt like it need a big stretch on the foam roller and I have to say I'm looking forward to my massage. I think I'm getting used to these slower paced runs and when I step it up even slightly it does have an impact on my body.

My 23km run was today and I really enjoyed it, it was a beautiful morning and I stopped to take photos and just enjoyed myself. My pace ended up at 5:57/km, which was faster than last week, but I felt okay with this.

I actually missed the fact I was not doing a really long run this week, 23 felt small after last weeks 29! It is amazing how your mind shifts and you consider 23km a short distance! Funnily enough though, sometimes my motivation on my 8km runs is fairly low and I actually struggle with them.

I am super excited though, because next week I am running 31km, I will break the 30km barrier! Can't wait. I'm not sure I'll be able to sleep this week.

I don't want to wish the week away, but I wish it was Saturday already!

Until then, think of me, out pounding the pavement! Taking some photos on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment